imageide@s photo contest 2016
High-quality, copyright-free digital images for Wisconsin educators
2016 imageide@s Student Digital Photography Contest Form and Information
- Students must be in grades 6 - 8 to qualify for the middle school division
- Students must be in grades 9 - 12 to qualify for the high school division
- All submissions must be postmarked by May 13, 2016
- Prizes will be announced on the imageide@s web site on June 3, 2016
- Student submission forms must be signed by a teacher/sponsor and a parent or guardian
- No individual will be awarded more than one prize per contest
What to send:
- Up to 5 images on a CD or flash drive (CDs and flash drives will not be returned) with a title and a description using a full sentence (see form below). Please be sure to title your image files on the CD/flash drive so they match the title of your image. The description should be about the subject of the image, not the photographer's purpose or experience. Limit descriptions to one paragraph, not more than 100 words. In many cases, one sentence is sufficient.
- The images should be in .jpg format. Please provide the highest resolution image possible.
Tips for Photographers:
- No date stamps
- No identifiable minor's faces
- Consider the criteria below when you take or choose photos
- Both digitally enhanced/edited photos and photos that are not edited are welcome
- Hint: While pictures of sunsets and flowers can be very attractive, use your imagination and creativity to enhance what is already in the imageide@s gallery. You can see past years' winning photographs at https://myqei.org/imageideas_contest_winners15.php.
Images will be judged by quality of composition, elements of design, concept, color and technical quality. Photographs that feature Wisconsin culture, history or geography may have an advantage in scoring, though overall photographic quality is the most important factor. Judges will look for:
- Strong composition: Lighting, Placement, Focus and Distracting Elements (Up to 10 Points)
- Impression: (Up to 10 Points)
- Is the photo able to grab the viewer's attention and hold it?
- What is the WOW factor?
- Are there any special effects or extras?
- Photos that have an element of Wisconsin history, culture, and/or geography (1 possible additional point)
Prizes will be awarded by judges. Photographs that best meet all of the above criteria will be awarded first prize. Judges’ decisions will include some degree of subjectivity. Judges' decisions are final.
One first-place prizewinner in each age division will receive a $200 Best Buy Gift Card. One second-place prizewinner in each age division will receive a $100 Best Buy Gift Card. One third-place, fourth-place, and fifth-place winner in each age division will receive a $50 Best Buy Gift Card. All winning photographs will be displayed on the QEI imageide@s Photo Contest page at https://myqei.org/imageideas_contest_winners15.php. Prizes of equal value may be provided in place of prizes listed above.
Use of your Images: All submitted images will be free of copyright, and become the sole property of the Quality Educator Interactive, Inc. (QEI), and may be displayed and freely available on QEI and its partners' websites. The QEI reserves the right to crop/edit submitted photos before adding them to the website.
imageide@s is a project of Quality Educator Interactive, Inc. (QEI)
2016 IMAGEIDEAS CONTEST ENTRY FORM