PI 34.02 - Teacher standards(1) The teacher understands the central concepts, tools of inquiry, and structures of the disciplines he or she teaches and can create learning experiences that make these aspects of subject matter meaningful for pupils.
There are 77 opportunities that meet this standard
(2) The teacher understands how children with broad ranges of ability learn and provides instruction that supports their intellectual, social and personal development.
There are 45 opportunities that meet this standard
(3) The teacher understands how pupils differ in their approaches to learning and the barriers that impede learning and can adapt instruction to meet the diverse needs of pupils, including those with disabilities and exceptionalities.
There are 75 opportunities that meet this standard
(4) The teacher understands and uses a variety of instructional strategies, including the use of technology to encourage children's development of critical thinking, problem solving, and performance skills.
There are 104 opportunities that meet this standard
(5) The teacher uses an understanding of individual and group motivation and behavior to create a learning environment that encourages positive social interaction, active engagement in learning, and self-motivation.
There are 48 opportunities that meet this standard
(6) The teacher uses effective verbal and nonverbal communication techniques as well as instructional media and technology to foster active inquiry, collaboration and support interaction in the classroom.
There are 49 opportunities that meet this standard
(7) The teacher organizes and plans systematic instruction based upon knowledge of subject matter, pupils, the community and curriculum goals.
There are 107 opportunities that meet this standard
(8) The teacher understands and uses formal and informal assessment strategies to evaluate and ensure the continuous intellectual, social and physical development of the pupil.
There are 65 opportunities that meet this standard
(9) The teacher is a reflective practitioner who continually evaluates the effect of his or her choices and actions on pupils, parents, professionals in the learning community and others and who actively seeks out opportunities to grow professionally.
There are 70 opportunities that meet this standard
(10) The teacher fosters relationships with school colleagues, parents and agencies in the larger community to support pupil learning and well being and who acts with integrity, fairness and in an ethical manner.
There are 69 opportunities that meet this standard